Sunday 17 August 2014

Bridport Carnival

So last night we went to Bridport Carnival.  I think it was shorter than other years at  just an hour long.  It was started by the Wessex Military band, every time they started a song my kids jumped so that was quite a high point in my night he he!

The carnival was made up of the usual majorettes, and a small handle of floats, not as many as years before, I understand red tape has made it quite difficult that no one can be bothered.  Shame really. I'm slightly contemplating joinging next year, but what could we do?! 


 

I thought Mr And Mrs Potato Head were rather effective.

Carnival night seems to bring the whole of Bridport into to town in good spirits, they have a band in a closed off street (South Street)  and a fairground in the coach station.  I got away with only spending £8 last night! 

We finished the night, having a drink in a pub garden while the boys played with the toys they had  won at the fair.  


No comments:

Post a Comment